Curriculum Management (CIM)
What Is CIM?
A comprehensive software module which places the entire update process for Course and Program inventory into a web-based form which can be accessed from anywhere and on any device.
- Imports course information directly from Banner and pre-populates the form.
- Assigns workflow without human intervention.
- Identifies all impacted courses and programs based on the requested change.
- Tracks edits and comments.
- Generates custom PDFs and/or interactive agendas for committee meetings.
- Updates Banner and the catalog (CAT) once a proposal completes the assigned workflow.
- Sends notifications to designated users within workflow at various steps in the process.
- Retains historical archive.
How will the curriculum process change?
- All course and program inventory changes must initiated and approved via CIM.
- Hard-copy/digital copies of the course and program approval forms will no longer be accepted by the Registrar’s Office.
- Academic units will no longer need to manually make curricular edits to the catalog because the information will update directly based on proposals approved in CIM-Programs.
Contact your college catalog POC with all questions related to CIM.
For information on a specific topic, please click the link below: