PERMANENT CHANGES TO WAITLIST POLICY BEGINNING SUMMER 2012
- Email Notification: You will be notified by email (to your Mason e-mail account) when waitlist overrides are issued.
- Waitlist Restrictions: You will not be able to waitlist for a course if the following apply:
- You are already registered for another section of the same course.
- You are already on a waitlist for another section of the same course.
Important Facts about Waitlists
NOT ALL COURSES HAVE A WAITLIST!
EXAMPLE: ENGH 100 has an active waitlist. The WL column indicates the number of people that are waitlisted for each section.
Please Note: Section 001 is not open for registration. A student on that waitlist has been issued an override.
- Waitlist overrides. You will not be automatically registered after waitlisting for a course. A waitlist override will be issued when a seat becomes available to you. Waitlist overrides can be viewed via Patriot Web on the Registration Status and Time Ticket, Override Notification screen. Your waitlist position indicates your progress towards receiving an override. Remember, being in position one (1) does not necessarily indicate that an override has been issued to you. You are not guaranteed a seat in a closed section.
- Check your Mason e-mail account daily. You will be notified via e-mail when a waitlist override has been issued to you. Once you add yourself to a waitlist, it is your responsibility to check your email daily to see if you've been issued an override.
- Waitlist overrides expire after 72 hours. Waitlist overrides are issued when seats become available and will remain on your account for 72 hours only. Waitlist overrides are deleted from your record if they are not used within the 72 hour time period.
- Last day for waitlist overrides. The last waitlist overrides will be issued three days (72 hours) before the semester begins
- Waitlists purged. All waitlists are purged on the first day of the semester.
I've received a Waitlist Override. How do I register?
After receiving a waitlist override, you must move yourself from the waitlist to the class roster by following the instructions below:
- Login to Patriot Web
- Click on Student Services
- Click on Registration
- Locate the course and section that received the waitlist override and make note of the CRN. (The specific override information can be found on the Registration Status and Time Ticket, Override Notification screen and in the e-mail that you received.)
- Once you have the course CRN, select Register, Add or Drop Classes
- For the waitlisted course, select Web Drop under the Action menu, then Submit Changes
- Re-enter the CRN in the Add Classes Worksheet, then Submit Changes.