Are there exceptions in Virginia law for active duty military, veterans, and their family members?

Posted: April 12, 2016 at 12:00 pm, Last Updated: May 24, 2016 at 9:24 am

Yes, but you must still request in-state tuition status when applying to Mason.  Failing to provide proper documentation of military service may result in you being classified as out-of-state.  Additional information can be obtained at the University’s Office of Military Services at or the Office of the University Registrar, Domicile Appeals.  Contact the Office of Military Services for information regarding other veteran benefits or the veteran certification process.

Search Topics

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Important Dates