I have an F-1 (Academic Student) visa. Can I qualify for in-state tuition?

Posted: April 12, 2016 at 12:01 pm, Last Updated: May 24, 2016 at 9:24 am

No.  Virginia law specifically provides that an individual who holds a student or other temporary visa, including a B-1 (Visitor) or J-1 (Exchange Visitor) visa, does not possess the legal ability to establish a domicile in Virginia and, therefore, is not eligible for in-state tuition.

Search Topics

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Important Dates