Consortium Registration – Grading Policies
Posted: August 7, 2013 at 6:43 pm
- Students may not register for classes based on Pass/Fail grading.
- Grades, as reported by the host institution, will stand.
- Auditing courses is not permitted.
- Credits earned through the Consortium are considered resident credit.
- Grades for Consortium courses are sent to the Mason Office of the University Registrar, recorded on the Mason transcript, and calculated into the Mason GPA.
- If necessary, grades will be converted to the nearest George Mason equivalent.
- Please do not contact the visited university to obtain your grade.
- Due to the special processing that is required, consortium grades are often received later than Mason grades. Grades will be entered on your record as soon as they are received by the Mason Office of the University Registrar.
- Summer grades are typically posted at the end of the last summer sessions.
- Incomplete grades are governed by Mason regulations. It is not in your best interest to request a grade of Incomplete due to the discrepancies (between institutions) in due date for completed work.
- Eligibility for withdrawal must be approved by your Mason program dean.