Posted: February 18, 2016 at 8:32 am, Last Updated: November 1, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Undergraduate students enrolled in degree programs are eligible to withdraw from a limited number of classes without Dean’s approval and at the student’s own discretion. Students may process a maximum of three such selective withdrawals during their entire undergraduate career at Mason.
The selective withdrawal period for courses is listed in the Academic Calendar. Student requests for selective withdrawals will not be processed retroactively and must be processed by the Registrar’s Office by the selective withdrawal deadline. More detailed information about withdrawing from classes can be found in the University Catalog.
Important Note: While a selective withdrawal has no punitive affect on GPA, it may affect a student’s academic standing since courses that have a grade of ‘W’ (withdrawal) are counted in the attempted hours that are used to determine a student’s credit level.
What are the steps?
The online form has three parts and will automatically route to the next step.
- Click here to complete and electronically sign your Selective Withdrawal.
- Review by Student Accounts.
- Final Review by the Registrar’s Office.
How do I know when my Selective Withdrawal has been completed?
You will receive two emails.
- Notification from Student Accounts that your form was reviewed and accepted.
- Notification from the Registrar’s Office that your form has been reviewed and processed.
Can I view my submitted forms?
Yes, you can view your pending and completed forms.
- Go to http://dynamicforms.gmu.edu
- Login with your PatriotPass username and password and click Continue.
- Click on the type of forms you want to see.