What is a Confidential Hold?
Posted: August 8, 2013 at 9:24 am, Last Updated: June 28, 2019 at 1:40 pm
- A student can elect to prevent the release of all directory information by submitting the Request to Prevent Disclosure of Student Information form to the Office of the University Registrar.
- You will see the designation “confidential” on class rosters for these students.
- Faculty and staff may still contact the student regarding class business, but should avoid releasing any student information, including email address with any one else (including other students).
- Students with the confidential indicator should be not included in group e-mails to your class in a way that shares their email (Bcc all group emails).
- A student may have many reasons for applying this hold, including reasons related to personal safety, so it is important to avoid any inadvertent release of student information.