Order a Diploma Replacement

Posted: July 19, 2013 at 12:43 pm, Last Updated: July 8, 2021 at 11:18 am

The university offers alumni the opportunity to order a *replacement copy of their original George Mason diploma. The basic fee for an order mailed to an address in the U.S. is $127.50 per diploma.  The cost for international destinations is $197.50.  Diplomas will take 1-2 weeks to print after which they are mailed through FedEx Overnight Domestic or FedEx International Priority.

All replacement orders must be made through Patriot Web or through Parchment. To order through Patriot Web, follow these steps:

  1. Log in to Patriot Web (Please make sure that you allow pop-ups from this site).
  2. Click the ‘Student Services’ tab.
  3. Click ‘Student Records.’
  4. Click ‘Order Replacement Diploma.’

If you do not have access to your Patriot Web account, you can order your replacement diploma through Parchment. Click on the image below:

Diploma Name

Your diploma name MUST reflect your name of record during the last term of attendance at George Mason. If your legal name has changed since you graduated and you wish to have it appear on your replacement diploma, you will need to first have it updated in the Mason record. This process is explained on the Change of Name page.

Degree Verification

If you are requesting a copy of your diploma for the purpose of degree verification, we recommend that you first make sure that some other document will not serve the purpose. Companies and government agencies are usually looking for official proof of graduation. An actual diploma is needed only in rare cases involving foreign governments. A verification or transcript can be obtained for less cost and in less time.

Another option is to have a photocopy of your original diploma authenticated and notarized. For more information on that process, see the Certifications page.


*All replacement diplomas will have the word “Reissued” printed in small type at the bottom.

*Replacement diplomas will contain the signatures of the current University President, Rector of the Board of Visitors, University Registrar, and may (depending upon the year of graduation) contain the signature of the University Provost in lieu of the college or school’s Dean.

Search Topics

More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors