Email Your Class List
Posted: April 16, 2013 at 12:12 pm, Last Updated: August 12, 2015 at 10:09 am
Patriot Web provides an option for emailing all students in a class (using the Summary Class List) or all students on a wait list (using the Summary Wait List). This option will display a comma-separated list of Mason email address that can be copied and pasted into the recipient field of a message composed in your preferred e-mail program. It is highly recommended that you type your Mason email address in the To: field of your message, and paste the list of student email address into the Bcc: field (blind carbon copy). This eliminates the need for recipients to scroll through a lengthy list of addresses at the beginning of your message and will also protect the identity of students having a confidential indicator.
NOTE: Any student that has a confidential indicator must be treated with extreme care. Mason is legally obligated to ensure that this person’s email address is not visible to anyone else. Email correspondence with students that have a confidential indicator must be sent either individually (not as part of a group) or as a blind carbon copy (Bcc).
- First, follow the instructions above to view your class list.
- To email an individual student select the envelope icon at the far right of the student’s name. A message window will open, addressed to that student.
- To email the entire class, scroll down to the bottom o the class list. Click the “Display Email List”. After a brief delay, the page will refresh and return to the top
- Scroll down to the bottom of the class list. You will now see a separate box containing a list of email address for all students in the class.
- Right-click in the this box to display a pop-up menu, and chose “Select All”. This will highlight the entire list of addresses.
- Right-click in the box, click Copy.
- Open your preferred email program and launch a new message window. Right-click in the Bcc: field to display a pop-up menu, and click Paste. In the To: field, enter your Mason email address. You may then compose and send your message as you normally would.