How do I retitle a program?
Posted: January 9, 2018 at 4:45 pm, Last Updated: January 9, 2018 at 4:51 pm
The title of an existing and fully-approved program in CIM may not be changed. Instead, you must submit a proposal for a NEW program, which includes the revised title, and you must also submit a proposal to deactivate the original program.
- To create the proposal for the new program without recreating it entirely:
- Select Propose New Program.
- The Program Form will open. From the top of the page, select Propose New from Existing Program.
- Another window will appear with a drop-down menu. Select the program you wish to copy.
- Select Copy Program.
- Fields will populate based on the program you selected. You must now go through the form and make any changes (including updating the title). Please read through each question carefully before proceeding.
- For the question Is this a retitling of an existing program? select Yes. You should then select the same program which you are retitling.
- Answering this question correctly will ensure that the Registrar’s Office processes your change correctly.
- When you are done, select Save and Start Workflow.