I thought I graduated previously but I just learned that I did not graduate. What do I do?

Posted: August 5, 2013 at 4:13 pm, Last Updated: February 23, 2022 at 3:10 pm

If you completed all degree and University requirements within 6 weeks of your date of requested graduation, but your degree was never officially conferred, you may submit a Retroactive Graduation Request. To qualify, there may be no changes or additions to your record since the time of the requested graduation date. You must submit the Retroactive Graduation Request Form to your academic department for preliminary review and approval, then forward the form to the Office of the University Registrar for processing. If an academic action such as a substitution or waiver, or dropping a minor or second degree is required to meet graduation requirements, please contact the Office of the University Registrar for guidance at degree@gmu.edu.

Search Topics

More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors