May I discuss my students with other faculty?
Posted: March 22, 2013 at 4:50 pm, Last Updated: June 28, 2019 at 2:29 pm
Yes, IF you have a legitimate education interest.
Legitimate Educational Interest:
- When a school official need access to education records in the course of performing their job duties at Mason
- Must be necessary for your job role or completing job tasks
- Must be used for official Mason business within the scope of your employment
- The information is used only for the purpose for which it was obtained
- Access is limited only to the records required to fulfill your job duties
- Curiosity is not a legitimate educational interest