Posted: February 18, 2016 at 8:32 am, Last Updated: September 28, 2018 at 2:38 pm
* * * The Selective Withdrawal Period applies to undergraduate degree-seeking students only. See the University Catalog for further details. * * *
Undergraduate students enrolled in degree programs are eligible to withdraw from a limited number of classes without Dean’s approval and at the student’s own discretion. Students may process a maximum of three such selective withdrawals during their entire undergraduate career at Mason.
While a selective withdrawal has no punitive effect on GPA, it may affect a student’s academic standing since courses that have a grade of ‘W’ (withdrawal) are counted in the attempted hours that are used to determine a student’s academic standing.
How do I submit a request?
- Review the Fall 2018 Academic Calendar and ensure that your request is submitted during the selective withdrawal period designated for the class. Requests will not be processed if submitted before or after the selective withdrawal period.
Dates Selective Withdrawal Period*
1 – Full Semester 08/27-12/19 October 1 – October 28 1F – (First Half of Semester) 08/27-10/14 September 11- September 18 1M – (Middle of Semester) 09/10-10/28 September 24- October 1 1L – (Last Half of Semester) 10/15- 12/19 October 29 – November 5 1N – (Non-Standard Dates) 08/27-12/19 October 1 – October 28 1I – (Independent Study) 08/27-12/19 October 1 – October 28
- Complete and electronically sign.
- Upon submission, your request will be routed to Student Accounts for review. If your form is accepted by Student Accounts, you will receive a notification email.
- After the request has been reviewed and accepted Student Accounts, the request will be routed to the Registrar’s Office for the final review. You will receive a notification email once your request has been processed.
How do I view the status of my submitted forms?
- Go to http://dynamicforms.gmu.edu
- Login with your PatriotPass username and password and click Continue.
- Click on the type of forms you want to see.