Posted: February 18, 2016 at 8:32 am, Last Updated: June 5, 2018 at 8:59 am
* * * The Selective Withdrawal Period applies to undergraduate degree-seeking students only. See the University Catalog for further details. * * *
Undergraduate students enrolled in degree programs are eligible to withdraw from a limited number of classes without Dean’s approval and at the student’s own discretion. Students may process a maximum of three such selective withdrawals during their entire undergraduate career at Mason.
While a selective withdrawal has no punitive effect on GPA, it may affect a student’s academic standing since courses that have a grade of ‘W’ (withdrawal) are counted in the attempted hours that are used to determine a student’s academic standing.
How do I submit a request?
- Review the Summer 2018 Academic Calendar and ensure that your request is submitted during the selective withdrawal period designated for the class. Requests will not be processed if submitted before or after the selective withdrawal period.
Dates Selective Withdrawal Period*
1 – Full Semester 5/21 – 8/11 June 20 – July 2 1A – Session A 5/21 – 6/23 June 5- June 12 1B – Session B 6/4- 7/28 June 22-July 9 1C – Session C 6/25- 7/28 July 10 – July 18 1D – Session D 5/21- 7/28 June 15 – July 5 1I – Individualized Study 5/21 – 8/11 June 20 – July 2 1N – Non-Standard 5/21 – 8/11 June 20 – July 2 S1 – 8 Week Session 5/7 – 6/30 N/A S2 – 8 Week Session 7/2 – 8/25 N/A
- Complete and electronically sign the form.
- Upon submission, your request will be routed to Student Accounts for review. If your form is accepted by Student Accounts, you will receive a notification email.
- After the request has been reviewed and accepted Student Accounts, the request will be routed to the Registrar’s Office for the final review. You will receive a notification email once your request has been processed.
How do I view the status of my submitted forms?
- Go to http://dynamicforms.gmu.edu
- Login with your PatriotPass username and password and click Continue.
- Click on the type of forms you want to see.