Submit Final Grades
Posted: April 15, 2013 at 4:27 pm, Last Updated: August 14, 2013 at 9:59 pm
- Log onto Patriot Web.
- From the Main Menu, select Faculty and Advisor Services.
- Select Term Selection.
- Select the desired term from the drop-down list, then select Submit Term.
- Select CRN Selection.
- Select the course you wish to grade from the drop-down list, then select Submit CRN.NOTE: If your course does not appear in the list, it’s because you are not listed as the instructor. Please contact your departmental scheduling coordinators for assistance.
- Select Final Grades.
- Your roster will display in alphabetic order. Click to position your cursor in the grade field for the first student on the roster. Click in the “Grade” box to use the drop-down list of grades appropriate for each student; select a grade by clicking on it. If you wish to type a grade you may do so. To type a grade with a + or -, you must type the letter grade again until it displays the correct version. You may tab to or click in the Grade field for the next student. Do not use the up or down arrow keys, as this will change the grade selected.NOTE: Please review the Final Grades page and the University Catalog for grading policies and procedures.
- Enter a grade for each student on the roster. If the student has officially withdrawn, a ‘W’ will already appear in the grade field. If the student did not attend, select the grade NA. If the student stopped attending, enter the grade SA and enter the last known date of attendance in the Last Attend Date. Use the grade IN only when the student has incomplete work that cannot be completed on time for reasons beyond their control. Use the grade AB if the student had prior permission to be absent for the final exam.NOTE: It is not necessary to enter Last Attend Date or Attend. Hours if the student completed the course.
- When finished entering grades, select Submit Grades. Look for the message, “The grade or Last Attend Date changes you made have been saved successfully,” at the top of the page – this means your grades have been received. If you see a STOP warning at the top, check
the error message, make any necessary corrections and click the Submit Grades button again.
- To grade additional courses, select RETURN TO MENU in the upper right corner of the screen to return to the Faculty and Advisor Services menu, and repeat from step 7.
- To view confirmed grades, scroll to the bottom of the Final Grades page and select Summary Class List from the links across the bottom.
- When you are done using Patriot Web, select EXIT in the upper right corner of the screen.
You should also close Internet Explorer to ensure security.
NOTE: Please review your grades carefully before exiting. Grades are posted (rolled) to the transcript nightly; once rolled, all grade changes must be made on a paper Change of Grade Form, bearing proper signatures. If you discover a recording or calculation error that would impact a rolled grade, you should notify the student immediately.