Transfer Credit

Posted: April 12, 2013 at 4:44 pm, Last Updated: June 3, 2024 at 9:27 am

Undergraduate Students

The Admissions Office posts transfer credit to your record for any courses that you took before becoming a student at Mason.

If you are a current student and are seeking to take classes at another regionally accredited U.S. institution you must obtain advance approval. This process permits a student to enroll elsewhere in a suitable course not available at Mason or through the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area.

The form to obtain approval can be found here.

Upon completion of the coursework, an official transcript will need to be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar from the visited institution. Credits will not transfer until an official transcript is received.

To look-up course equivalencies for transfer credit, including all courses from the Virginia Community College System, use the Transfer Credit Matrix tool. This database contains courses that been evaluated for transfer equivalency at Mason.

Graduate Students

Contact your department to request a Transfer of Credit.

Search Topics

More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors