Academic Suspension

Posted: April 12, 2013 at 4:43 pm, Last Updated: May 25, 2023 at 1:19 pm

Students on Undergraduate Academic Suspension are not eligible for registration. An Academic Advisor Approval Form must be submitted before a previously suspended student is permitted to register.

Students attempting to register before their suspension period has been served need special permission from their Academic Dean or Director.

Periods of Academic Suspension for Undergraduate Students

Students in degree status who incur a first suspension following a spring semester or summer term serve a period of suspension through the next fall semester. Students who incur a first suspension following a fall semester serve a period of suspension through the next summer term. A second suspension is for one calendar year: two semesters and a summer term. Students returning from suspension are on probation for one academic period. Course credits earned at other colleges during the period of suspension from Mason (for academic or nonacademic reasons) are not accepted for the degree program.

Non-degree undergraduate students placed on suspension have no specified rights of return to the university. Non-degree students who have been suspended and wish to resume their studies after a period of absence must qualify for readmission through the Office of Admissions.

Search Topics

More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors