Common Grading Issues

Posted: April 12, 2013 at 4:57 pm, Last Updated: December 10, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

This is a list of common issues that faculty may encounter when grading.

  • CRNs not listed:  If the course that you are trying to grade does not appear on your list of CRN’s, it indicates that you are not listed as the instructor of the course. Please contact your departmental scheduling coordinator for assistance. They will work with the Registrar’s Office to get the instructor of record corrected.
  • Student has not withdrawn from course” Error:  If you receive this error, you have at least one student on the roster to whom you gave a grade of SA (Stopped Attending) and recorded the last attend date. If the last attend date field has been used, this message will appear every time you enter and submit grades, even if the SA was not used in that session.
  • Students not on the roster:  Non-enrolled students must petition their dean or director for a retroactive add, which will only be granted in extraordinary circumstances and after proof of course completion has been obtained. If a retroactive enrollment adjustment is approved, the dean’s office will contact you to obtain the grade.
  • Absences from Final Exam: Review the University Catalog Academic Policy section AP.3.10.1.

Search Topics

More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors