Curriculum Management (CIM)
Permissions required for all. Contact your college catalog contact for questions regarding access.
- CIM Courses
- CIM Programs
- CIM FAQs
- Approvals Console
- CourseLeaf Console
- CourseLeaf TEST site
- CIM-Courses Training Video
- Request CIM Access
- CAT and CIM Programs Training Videos
What Is CIM?
A comprehensive software module which places the entire update process for Course and Program inventory into a web-based form which can be accessed from anywhere and on any device.
- Imports course information directly from Banner and pre-populates the form.
- Assigns workflow without human intervention.
- Identifies all impacted courses and programs based on the requested change.
- Tracks edits and comments.
- Generates custom PDFs and/or interactive agendas for committee meetings.
- Updates Banner and the catalog (CAT) once a proposal completes the assigned workflow.
- Sends notifications to designated users within workflow at various steps in the process.
- Retains historical archive.
All faculty/staff who regularly make changes to their department’s course inventory may request access to CIM-Courses. If you are unsure about your eligibility or the training procedure for your college, check with your college catalog contact.
- Request Access
- requires mandatory viewing of a one-hour training video.
- you will be taken to several login screens – please enter your Mason ID and password into each one in order to access the video and the request form.
- Need further assistance?
- Register for a workshop session at workshops.gmu.edu. While these sessions are not training sessions, you will be able to bring your work and receive direct assistance from a Registrar’s Office staff member.
Curriculum Management (CIM)
CIM-Courses will be available by the start of the Fall 2017 semester. You must attend training in order to gain access.
- An all faculty/staff training will be held on Friday, September 8th. Register at workshops.gmu.edu
- Morning and afternoon sessions are available
- Users may participate in-person or online
- Workshop sessions will be held on Tuesdays and Fridays once the Fall 17 semester begins. Sessions will be posted to workshops.gmu.edu
- All course and program inventory changes must initiated and approved via CIM.
- Hard-copy/digital copies of the course and program approval forms will no longer be accepted by the Registrar’s Office.
- Academic units will no longer need to manually make curricular edits to the catalog because the information will update directly based on proposals approved in CIM-Programs.
- Curriculum will continue to move through the same steps of approval for your academic unit, but the approval process will move to an online workflow with the CIM system.
Looking for more details?
Contact your college catalog contact with all questions related to CIM.