1. Run your Degree Evaluation on Patriot Web.
Be sure that all of your degree requirements will be met by the conferral date. Speak with your advisor regarding any questions.
2. Apply to graduate on Patriot Web.
- Login to Patriot Web.
- Click on the Student Services tab.
- Click on Student Records.
- Click on Apply to Graduate.
- Read through the Graduation Application Introduction and click continue.
- Click Submit on the Curriculum Term Selection page. This is your most recent registration term, not your graduation application date.
- Select your Current program (If you have two programs, complete the steps for your first program, and then repeat the entire process for the second.)
- Choose your Graduation Date and click Continue.
- Choose the term in which you will have completed ALL degree requirements. Students intending to walk in the May Commencement ceremony and also complete required coursework in the Summer must select Summer.
- The next screen will display the way your name will appear on your diploma. If you would like to change your diploma name, contact the Office of the University Registrar at 703-993-2441. Click Continue.
- Select your diploma mailing address.
- Choose your current address or “new” to enter a new address. If you choose” new”, carefully enter the address you want your diploma mailed to.
- Review your address and correct if necessary.
- Review the summary information. Report any errors or omissions immediately to email@example.com or 703-993-2441.
- Click Submit.
3. Confirm or update your Expected Graduation Date.
For enrollment verification purposes, students can update their Expected Date of Graduation on Patriot Web. Click on Student Services, then Student Records, then Expected Date of Graduation. Select a graduation term from the drop down menu and click submit. THIS DOES NOT SERVE AS YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION.
4. Complete the Student Exit Survey.
- Please complete the Graduating Student Exit Survey at https://ira.gmu.edu/surveys/student-exit-surveys/. More information is available through the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
5. Final Review by Office of the University Registrar.
6. Degree Conferral
- Go to Timelines for specific dates.
- Transcripts showing conferred degrees will be available after the conferral date as degrees are evaluated and posted. Diplomas will be mailed 6-8 weeks after each conferral date.